Monday, December 27, 2004

Living History

I have finished a very good book recently: Living History by Hillary Rodham Clinton. And yes, I am a democrat... Putting that aside, the book is very well written with a sense of humor. I think Hillary is an amazing woman. She has accomplished so many things that I wonder if she actually sleeps at all. Highly recommended for all book lovers out there. Check out a few reviews: Ruthless Reviews, Blog Critics.

There are lots of things in the book that I found fascinating but one thing that stood out when I read the book. When talking about foreign policies, she mentioned that several members of the Houses bragged that they never stepped outside of United States. How could they make informed decisions if they are ignorant about other countries? It's almost like a product manager making important product decisions that could impact the company's health in a vacumm!

It will be very interesting to see how far Hillary could ascend the politics ladder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that that is just ignorance. Why would you be proud of the fact that you never stepped outside of the United States? The U.S. is a great country but there is a whole world of great countries out there. For example: Sweden, Russia, South Africa, Japan, Germany, Spain...